iPage Help – Installing WordPress
I was going to use wordpress to make my site but then it didn’t work. I selected my site editor to FileManager/FTP and when I edit my Home.html (i deleted it then re-uploaded it) nothing happens. I have to type www.xxxxxx.com/Home.html to access the new page.
How do you set an html file as your homepage?
the original Home.html was the actual home page and it was a capital H
The Home.html page is the under construction page. It needs to be deleted and it needs to be replace with a real home page called index.html.
OR, you can install WordPress. In that case, it will install and index.php file and that will load your blog.
To install WordPress on youraccount…
- Go to the control panel.
- In Website, click on the WordPress logo
- Click the Install button
Which version of WordPress would you like to install?
Select the one at the top of the list. It will be the most recent one.
Where would you like WordPress installed?
Click the dropdown list. There are two sections, with or without the www in front of your domain name. Select without the www.
Click on Advanced Options.
Enter a site name for your blog. Enter a username/password. Make sure automatically create a new database is checked.
Uncheck all those addons.
Check the box on the Legal information.
Click the Complete button.
When the installation is complete, you will be able to login to your WordPress dashboard to begin blogging. The link will look like this: example.com/wp-admin/
Once WordPress is installed and you type your domain name into the address bar: example.com your WordPress blog will load.Here are some of the top iPage features:
- Unlimited hosting space
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited email accounts
- Unlimited domains allowed
- Unlimited MySQL databases
- Unlimited files (inodes) allowed
- Free domain name
- Easy to use web hosting control panel
- Easy SimpleScripts script installer for blogs, CMS, forums, photo galleries and more
- Drag and drop website builder
- Multi-media support for audio, video, music, Flash, and Shockwave
- Step by step tutorials
- Powered by 100% green wind energy
- Anytime moneyback guarantee
- Need help transferring a domain to a different host
- Making a Domain Name Link Directly to Another Domain
- How to make your iPage domain name go to your web page
- How can I get a site domain name that is already taken?
- What is the cheapest place to get website hosting?
- I want to buy a domain name, host it and have it redirected
- How to buy a domain name and check for availability?
- What is a good site to design websites with hosting?
- Justhost.com Web Hosting – One Low Price for All Plans
- JustHost Domain Name and WhoIs Privacy
- 6 Reasons to Start a Business Blog
- Most Used Web Hosting Provider
- iPage – Can I Make Two Websites?
- E-Commerce Website Design Tips
- Choosing the Right Shopping Cart Software for Your Ecommerce Website